The Infinity Dreams AwardSeptember 16, 2015
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
- Tell us eleven facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
THE FACTS WERE THESE...
2. I do my best writing in the morning as soon as I sit down with my morning coffee.
3. I play music almost all day long. I'll listen to almost anything. Almost. No Murder Squash songs please.
7. I collect the Thor comic series. Lady Sif is my girl and IMHO she deserves her own film WAY before the Black Widow. I don't mean to throw shade on the Black Widow, I just think Sif has more dynamic backstory that has already gotten glossed over by the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Oh yeah... I'm obsessed with Marvel. If Sifki is one of your secret OTPs, we should talk.
8. I love the Assassin's Creed video games!
9. I was born in Michigan.
10. I've recently gotten into steampunk, and recently joined The Punkettes blog as the Mythpunkette contributor. I have written a couple steampunk short stories, but I'm dying to work a steampunk aesthetic into a full-length novel.
11. I'm YA lit obsessed. No, that does not mean I love vampires and werewolves. Unless we're talking about Lord Akeldama and Lord Maccon, then that's a different story and an entirely different genre.
CHRISTINA WOULD LIKE TO KNOW...
- My first answer would be to say Aelin Ashryver Galathynius because who else is there with a better wardrobe? Because delicious dragon dresses. Because assassins suits. Because you know she has great taste in clothes but she'd also slip a dagger in-between the ribs of anyone who dared mess with her wardrobe. I'll leave Aelin's closet alone, but I'd definitely make a move on Lysandra's closet.
- One writer. One novel. The clock is ticking as Adelyn races to polish her manuscript and make her masterpiece worthy of the discerning eyes of agents and editors alike. But forces are against her. Tumblr and the Netflix are thieves of precious time, and Adelyn must vanquish both if she is ever to get her manuscript sent out.
- I'll admit, I don't watch many foreign films and especially not recently. Does watching BBC almost exclusively count? I saw the New Zealand film What We Do in the Shadows (2014) last winter and it was freaking brilliant. It's a mockumentary about Vampires and it's hilarious. Also, on Netflix I loved the French romantic comedy Populaire (2012).
- Coffee and a piece of fruit.
- Probably about YA and the fact that it is legitimate genre for more than just what can be compared to John Green. Seriously. The books that have had the most impact on me and have inspired me to write have all been YA books. Seriously Seriously. YA =/= lower quality.
- Tenuous. Adjective. Very weak or slight. Very slender or fine; insubstantial.
- ABRAXOS! ABRAXOS! ABRAXOS! Can you tell I've been reading Queen of Shadows? He's my favorite flower-sniffing dragon of all time. I want a "My other ride is Abraxos" bumper sticker. But this answer might be cheating. I have a theory he's a Fae trapped in his animal form... which would be awesome!
- It's awesome! It's only about one of my favorite movies of all time: Bringing Up Baby.
- Oh dear! I'm not sure. You'd all have to compete in a series of tasks YA style to prove your skills for this epic adventure, that's for sure.
- Gah! Soup is my favorite food group! I love a good Lobster Bisque, but for pure comfort, I'm going to say Olive Garden's Chicken Gnocchi soup.