I Like This Library

February 17, 2015

Grayfield Inn Drawing Room

In case you don't know, I love a good home library. When I'm not writing, my passion is interior design. I'm always thrifting and antiquing to find old and unique pieces of furniture to fill my apartment. Having always been the creative sort, beauty continues to inspire me even as I write. Thus, writing and reading in a beautiful space lubricates my creative gears and helps them turn.

I chose this space to share because it is a great reflection of my personal design style.

It's cosy without being cluttered, and vintage without feeling stuffy. I gravitate towards brighter and airier spaces, but what grabbed me about this photo was the amount of textures used in the design. There is woven fabric in the rug and on the stool, worn leather on the chairs, velvet on the sofa, and of course worn linen on the books spines. Adding texture to a room is my favorite element of design because it is one of the most overlooked. Without it, the room can feel flat and one-note. When done right, the room becomes a treat for all the senses. 

My creative spaces must have texture. What's one feature your writing space has to have?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

I appreciate all of your wonderful comments and feedback!
It means the world to me!
Always,
Adelyn

Popular Posts

Subscribe

* indicates required
I am a...

Featured Post

Mid-Nanowrimo Update: Things I've Learned

Well... we're over halfway there and I'm way behind. Way way behind—but that's okay! I'm still determined to finish out...

Subscribe